5/17/2011

How to "straighten up" a prawn for Tempura ~~~

A friend of mine asked me how to "straighten up" a prawn for Tempura recently. I explained it briefly in words but thought it may be easier to visually demonstrate how.

Honestly I forgot how I knew about "straightening up" a prawn for Tempura. It must be back to those days when I was still in Melbourne, as I had been cooking this since then.

I LOVE Tempura...................., yet, I won't use these prawns for Tempura because they are too fatty for me. I seriously need to lose a few more pounds before this summer! Wahh Ka Ka.....


1. Fresh prawn!


2. Peel off the shell and de-vein it.


3. Turn it up-side-down. Slit the bottom slantly a few times.



4. Flip it back up again. Gently push the prawn down and you can hear the "click, click, click" sound. That's IT! Easy...


No comments:

Post a Comment