6/11/2011

鮮陳腎煲西洋菜湯 Watercress & duck gizzard soup


The day after I wrote about my dad's unique way of eating instant noodles, I had a sudden crave for watercress & duck gizzard soup!!! (That's very normal of me.... my spontaneous food "crave" always stemmed from the food memory that I blogged!)

The very next day, I went to gather all the necessary ingredients being, watercress (西洋菜), pork fillet (痩肉), carrots (紅蘿蔔), duck gizzard (鮮鴨腎) from the supermarket. I then dug out the "stock" from my fridge being, preserved duck gizzard (陳腎), sugar coated dates (密棗), dried mandarin peel (陳皮), and Chinese almonds (南杏).

Dumped everything into the humongous claypot, simmered it for 2 hours on low fire.

Gosh! That soup definitely soothed not only my body, it soothed my soul as well. I felt so comfy sipping the warm soup. The taste of my dad, my family, my roots!!!

Yet, I didn't endeavor to add waxy instant noodles inside!!! ha ha ha.... One thing I found out was that I love "clear" soup rather than the murky green, gooey, thick kind of soup that my dad adored.

Totally satisfied. Even A & C loved it! Daily training from mum.... my kids love Chinese soup, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment