11/09/2011

和風喫茶店 + New Design = "Quolofune" 黒船 @ 自由が丘

黒船
自由が丘

I am not sure if it is the "trend" in Japan now where they like to adopt the "K" or "C" sound by the letter "Quo" (phonetically sounding "Ku" in Japan).  Another well known example would be "Uniqlo" which I believe (THIS IS ONLY MY WILD GUESS!!!  NO FACTUAL PROOF AT ALL!!!) it stands for "Unique Clothing".

I walked passed this modern looking Japanese cafe the other day at Jiyugaoka with C, and without a single second of hesitation, I pushed her stroller in and said, "お茶する?" (Meaning, want a cuppa?).  C's answer was, "いいよ!" (Meaning, "sure"!). 

C is always my cuppa companion!  Kind of going to miss it once she goes to kinder.

I got attracted by this cafe because:

1. Modern architectural appearance.
2.  Eye catching name.
3. Modern, yet, retaining the "zen" feel.


The のれん (shop curtain) definitely caught my eyes.



You walked into a cafe and expecting to see "sugar" for coffee and tea.  This is somewhat "niche".  You can tell the fine details that they had put into consideration when opening up this cafe.


Apart from unique interior design, they also have their own China ware designed by Shigeno Araki Design Room.   荒木志華乃デザイン


This カステラ  (pão de Castella) was served WARM~~~~~~!!!  Not only that, it was crispy outside and soft inside (dying..........).  Just the type of sweets I love!


The "condiments " to go with the pão de Castella.  C kept dabbing the sponge cake into the honey, where I had to intervene in the middle.  Too much sugar girl..........


I expected the decor would be more "Japanese" but it turned out to be Neo 70s interior.  Love it!  I couldn't take a photo but they had a 茶釜 ("chagama", a bronze tea pot for boiling hot water) at the center of the tea house, too.


I love the curve of this fork.  Simply stylish..........


Cocoocen is the name of the cafe.


"Quolofune", at a glance, I thought they were related to "Uniqlo"!  Sorry.... Ooopps

No comments:

Post a Comment